Gluten Free Anzac Cookies
Updated: May 11, 2020
Today is a very special day for Australians and New Zealanders. Anzac day is a day of remembrance that commemorates all those who served their country during times of war and is celebrated every year on the 25th April.
So I thought, why not make some scrumptious Anzac Cookies.
With flour and many baking supplies hard to come by these days, I turned to some coconut alternatives. However, if you have regular sugar and flour, and prefer to use these, this recipe works exactly the same with the same quantities.
3/4 Cup Oatmeal
3/4 Cup Desiccated Coconut
1 Cup Coconut Flour
1 Cup Coconut Sugar
8 Tbsp Butter
1 Tbsp Golden Syrup.
1 Tsp Baking Soda
* Pre-heat Oven to 350F
* Grease a baking sheet.
* Place Flour, Sugar, Oats and Desiccated coconut into a large bowl. Make a 'well' in the bowl with the ingredients.
* Melt the butter in sauce pan.
* Add Golden Syrup to the melted butter.
* Mix 1 Tsp Baking Soda with 2 Tsp of boiling water, mix until dissolved.
* Stir into the butter and golden syrup mixture.
* Slowly pour the melted butter, golden syrup and baking soda mixture into the dry goods bowl.
* Stir until all the dry ingredients have been incorporated
* Place a dessert spoon amount of mixture onto the baking sheet, ensuring enough space is left between the cookies.
* Cook 8-10mins. Leave to cool.
Happy Anzac Day Australia and New Zealand!